The Conservancy & Community Trust of South Gulf Cove, (CCT) is a 501c3, non-profit corporation established in 2003. The CCT belongs to the residents of South Gulf Cove. Our goal when it was established was to sponsor, support & incorporate our local community improvement programs that benefited our neighborhood and preserved the environment. Through the years, we have branched out to assist other charities surrounding the community and lend a hand where we can. We acquire funds through grants, fundraising and donations.
We have several programs sponsored by CCT that benefit the community and we host several fundraisers for our local charities in our community.
CCT fundraisers include:
- Visani Comedy Club fundraiser
- Annual golf tournaments
- Veterans/Military Fundraisers
- Bingo Fundaisers
- Englewood Helping Hands Food Drives
- The Furry Scurry: Our 4th Annual 5K Coming is scheduled for February 3rd 2024
- Angel Wish Program
The programs under the CCT umbrella:
- Care Committee
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) which is dedicated to our surrounding area and is trained alongside the county rescue teams.
- Angel Wish Committee
All donations made to these programs are tax deductible.
These fundraisers help make it possible for CCT to assist in the following areas:
- Food pantries
- Animal shelters and rescues
- Our ongoing scholarship programs for SGC High School seniors
- Maintaining our lending library
- Decorating our 4 entrances of the community for Christmas
- Printing of our SGC Neighborhood Newsletter twice a year
The CCT is also responsible for chairing our community blood drives with One Blood. We currently have Blood Drives scheduled through December 2023. Click here to schedule an appointment for our latest drive.
We encourage all SGC property owner comments, suggestions, & questions. If there is a special cause that you know of which we can be of assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of the Board Members or Project Directors.
Looking back on the CCT’s accomplishments in 2022
- Little Lending Library-repaired, monitoring and keeping books rotated
- 2022 Furry Scurry Success-$16,000 raised for 3 animal rescues, 2 animal shelters, and 1 Animal rehab
- Pampered Chef Fundraiser for Furry Scurry
- Spring Newsletter of 2022 introduced a new format and color advertising-Spring and Fall editions sold out
- Welcomed Joan Conway to our board as a grant writing advisor
- 4/1 Easter Food & Clothing Drive
- Gave (4) $1500 Scholarships to LBHS students in SGC through CCT Fundraisers
- Maintaining and updating our website
- CCT Chairs the Big Red Bus-collected 209 units and saved 627 lives-CCT fills the appointments
- CCT partnered with the HOA Social Committee to support the community with a spaghetti dinner after Hurricane Ian
- Golf Tournament raised $4,108.18 for our scholarship program
- Purchased 8 new Christmas wreaths for the front entrances of the community
- Wrote our first grant for 2022 for Hurricane relief
- Introduced Friday night Charitable Bingo’s monthly for charities we support
- Maintains two social media pages with events and fundraisers
- Pursuing future grants to benefit our SGC neighborhood
- Participated in the HOA Meet and Greets promoting our programs